UPCOMING EVENTS AT A GLANCE:
- TEACHER WORK DAY, MONDAY, FEB. 16. NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- RENEWAL CONTRACTS TO HOLD YOUR SPOT FOR 2015-16 WILL GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
- WE ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULING INTERVIEWS WITH NEW FAMILIES. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE HOPING TO GET IN (OR HAVE A SIBLING YOU WANT TO ENROLL), AN APPLICATION MUST BE FILLED OUT ONLINE. WE EXPECT ALL 2015-16 SPACES TO BE FILLED BY THE END OF MARCH.
- DON'T FORGET, IN ADDITION TO OUR 6-9 AND 9-12 CLASSES, GLENN WILL BE STARTING A 12-14 YEAR-OLD CLASS IN THE FALL. APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THIS MIDDLE SCHOOL CLASS AS WELL.
- BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING, MONDAY, FEB. 9, 6PM, NORWOOD HOUSE
Scenes from the 2-4 classroom...
The 2-4 class will be celebrating Valentines Day on Friday, February 13 with special stories and snacks. Your children are welcome to make valentines for the 14 children in the classroom and begin to bring them to school next week. PLEASE do not address them but only signed from the giver. If you include sweets, please know that we will be sending home the confections since this is a Friday so they will be yours to deal with over the weekend!
Toddlers Are Working Hard...
"The satisfaction which they find in their work has given them a grace and ease like that which comes from music." (Dr. Maria Montessori, 'The Discovery of the Child')
Watching the repetition, completion and mastering of works is astounding in any child, especially our 3 and unders! Their accomplishments ring through the classroom "I did it, MYSELF!" Each month we see the classroom maturing and settling into the environment and community the children are creating.
Check out our new Instagram site featuring awesome photos by Annie...
The 3-6 class enjoying watercolors during Art with Annie last week....
The 6-9 class has been hard at work on poetry the past couple of weeks. Some of their inspiration comes from Love That Dog by Sharon Creech. We are also very excited about our upcoming ski day February 12. The students have been exploring the Timeline of Humans and the birth of agriculture. We have also started a new book The Candymakers by Wendy Mass which is currently a Battle of The Books selection for Watauga County….
The 9-12 class celebrates "Miss Krissay" on her birthday this week...(http://youtu.be/KrU-tIVgThQ)
Deep Thoughts by Olivia
Without joy, there is no happiness.
Without happiness, there is no sadness.
Without sadness, there is no anger.
You have none.
The 9-12 will be having our first ski trip next Thursday. Drop off at the ski mountain around 8:30, pick up is at 2:30. If you make arrangements for your child to go home with someone else, please let me know ahead of time. If your child has a season pass and their own gear, we'll just see you there. If your child needs equipment and a pass, please come in and fill out the paper work. The cost is $18 for those needing equipment and pass.
And here's a 9-12 stop motion feature for your weekend... (http://youtu.be/6-IlnNGg8MM)
Finally, your bonus for making it this far....