Director of School
Entering our fourth decade, we are currently seeking a community-oriented leader who has the passion, experience, and skills to help us continue to strengthen our current programs and grow into the future.
We are seeking a leader who shares our passion for Montessori education and who has the skills to create a collaborative work environment for staff, grow and diversify enrollment, attract and retain outstanding educators, nurture a strong parent community, and help ensure the vibrancy of the educational experiences of all students.
To do so, the Director should have the capacity to create a shared vision for the school’s future that builds upon the school’s mission and values. The Director will also need to be the school’s financial steward, someone who can collaborate with the Board of Trustees to continue to secure the school’s financial standing in a time of growth and change.
- College Degree (BA/BS) minimum
- A deep understanding of and passion for Montessori philosophy and pedagogy
- 3+ years of Montessori teaching experience
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership, financial management, public speaking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a strong sense of community for students, staff, and parents
- Advanced degree in education or relevant field of expertise
- Demonstrated experience and success with grant writing & fundraising
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide compassionate leadership to the entire school community to create a strong culture that embodies MPS mission and values
- Ensure that the school provides high-quality learning experiences for all children
- Inspire a collaborative work environment for staff aligned with MPS mission and values
- Coordinate high quality staff development and mentoring opportunities
- Hire, supervise, and implement strategies to retain high quality staff
- Work with the Board to develop and implement the school’s strategic plan
- Work with the Assistant Director to insure the school’s financial health
- Promote the school within the local community and coordinate outreach efforts to attract new and retain current families to insure enrollment remains vibrant
- Ensure the school complies with all federal, state and local regulations as well as licensing and accreditation requirements
- Work with the Assistant Director to purchase supplies
- Oversee daily operations in partnership with the Assistant Director
- Oversee facility and physical plant maintenance
- Remain accessible and responsive to all constituencies - staff, parents, students, and community
Interested applicants should submit the following to email@example.com:
- A COVER LETTER: Please discuss how your skills and experiences specifically match the required qualifications and prepare you for the job responsibilities.
- A RESUME: Please include educational and professional experience, including certifications.
- MONTESSORI LEADERSHIP PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT: Please submit a statement of your educational leadership philosophy and how it aligns with your understanding of Montessori educational values and practices.
- REFERENCES: Please submit the names and contact information for at least three professional references who can comment on your match for this position.
- COPIES OF COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS & CERTIFICATIONS
Send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest!